The European Championship 2019 wheelchair basketball women takes place from 30 June – 7 July 2019 in Rotterdam, Netherlands! At the European Championship, Great Britain, Germany, Turkey, Spain, France and the Netherlands compete for the European title, the first four of the championship will qualify for the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Program Expert meeting
On the 2th of July the Center for Adapted Sports Amsterdam will host an expert meeting on Wheelchair Basketball. This expert meeting is open for scientist, coaches, players, trainers and all other experts in the field of adapted sports.
- 14:45 – 15:00 Registration with coffee and tea
- 15:00 – 15:30 Dr Raoul Oudejans (VU Amsterdam) – Training the basketball shot using occlusion goggles
- 15:30 – 16:00 Dr Rienk van der Slikke (The Hague University of Applied Sciences) – Mobility Performance Feedback in Wheelchair Sports
- 16:00 – 16:30 Short coffee break
- 16:30 – 17:00 Dr Riemer Vegter (University of Groningen) – Wheelchair propulsion biomechanics
- 17:00 – 17:30 Discussion with Raoul, Rienk and Riemer
- 17:30 – 18:15 Buffet
- 18:15 – 20:30 Spain vs. Germany
- 20:30 – 23:00 The Netherlands vs. Great Britain
Van Zandvlietplein 20
3077 AA Rotterdam
So, come to Rotterdam and visit the European Championships and the Expert meeting. This is a free event, but no shows and cancellations less than 48 hrs before the meeting are charged with € 50,-.
You can register here